The Line Service Representative performs all of the Line Service duties, including towing, refueling and servicing all transient, maintenance and airlines aircraft safely and according to Duncan approved processes, procedures and Best Practices. In addition, this position operates the department's Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and assists in the maintenance and cleanliness of GSE and designated work areas; services as back-up to the Front Desk and Fuel Farm; and performs OJT for lesser experienced representatives and is available to work alternate shifts. The representative greets and interacts with customers at arrival and departures and during their interim stay; and engages in ramp and facility safety and security procedures.
Essential Job Functions
1. Competently refuels, tows and wing walks all maintenance, transient and airlines aircraft using applicable ground support vehicles according to Duncan approved processes, procedures and Best Practices. Checks and adds oil, fuel additives and other fluids as needed. Assists maintaining functioning and cleanliness of departmental equipment and work areas. Monitors weather conditions to ensure safety of aircraft and the need for storm stacking.
2. Greets team members, customers, vendors, visitors and the general public, and serves as company liaison in promoting a professional and positive company image per Duncan Aviation customer service standards. Initiates dialogue with our guests to understand and exceed their needs (i.e. fuel, ground transportation, baggage handling, etc.). Directs maintenance customers to appropriate persons/areas of Duncan Aviation. Monitors flight tracking software for inbound aircraft. Marshals all incoming and outgoing aircraft.
3. Performs additional specialized functions, including front desk back-up, fuel farm back-up, OJT to lesser experienced representatives, inventory control, working alternate shifts, etc.
4. Calculates and records fuel usage and sales, and completes necessary paperwork for proper billing and inventory accounting.
5. Provides exterior and interior cleaning of company and transient aircraft. Assists with maintaining and cleanliness of department equipment, designated work areas, courtesy and ramp vehicles.
6. Fills Jet and Avgas trucks at the fuel farm. Maintains fuel and fluid levels for GSE, courtesy and ramp vehicles. Assists with general fuel farm maintenance and upkeep.
7. Monitors ramp and facility for safety and security and assesses, and responds as appropriate.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
Education and Experience
Line Service Representative I:
Line Service Representative II:
Line Service Representative III: