Our IT team is growing and looking for a highly skilled IT Security Engineer
to join us! This is a newly created position that will be responsible to develop security initiatives and policies to ensure Duncan Aviation's technical intelligence is secure.
As an IT Security Engineer, you will be responsible to:
- Implement and manage vulnerability scanning;
- Implement Next-Gen malware detection;
- Implement centralized logging;
- Create policies and procedures focused on IT Security;
- Continuously recommend changes to existing systems to enhance our security position; and
- Act as an internal auditor, conducting security assessments and presenting recommendations to management.
Successful candidates will have a minimum three years IT Security related experience as well as an understanding of incidence response, physical, technical and administrative controls. Security certifications preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and monitor security systems; provide analysis and remediation for anomalous network and system activity. Recommend and collaborate with team and third parties regarding specific remediation procedures for all security-related concerns.
- Demonstrate expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and risks while supporting real-time security monitoring operations
- Conduct security assessment. Review network hardware, systems, software, and facilities security design during planning, implementation, testing, and maintenance. Reduce vulnerabilities to an acceptable level of risk by recommending modifications to network, systems and software that align with organizational risk tolerance. Present results and recommendations to management.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures and make recommendations for security policy improvements. Lead the planning, design and implementation of the preventive, detective and corrective controls to support monitoring, problem identification, data analysis, and resolution for security related incidents
- Conduct security awareness training and outreach.
- Effectively advise and collaborate with all team members (technical and non-technical) using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems or Cyber Security preferred
- Minimum three years IT Security related experience required
- Security certifications preferred
Job Specific Requirements:
What's in it for you? Here are just a few of ourAvailable Benefits:
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Attendance:Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical:Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental:Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Duncan offers a comprehensiveBenefits Package(medical, dental, vision, etc.) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with aHealth Savings Account(employer and employee contributions)
- Save for your future through our401(k)program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of a plethora ofIn-House Trainingopportunities, or useTuition Assistanceto further your education.